Bloggers will know this should be ‘Silent Sunday’, but as Sunday is the first day of the working week in the United Arab Emirates, I’m posting one of my favourite photos a day early. I think the recent sandstorms in Dubai may have left sand on my brain – probably blew in through my ears – because I’m sticking with a desert theme. The Arabian Desert, from which the city of Dubai grew, is truly beautiful – some of it punctuated with shrubs and the odd tree, and some of it absolutely pristine.
Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please consider buying the book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- This amazing lady turned 99 this weekend! My DH's granny is definitely my oldest reader 😀 #birthdaygirl #supergran fb.me/1RQ2ycoAr 2 weeks ago
- Piers Torday shows fascinating letter from Roald Dahl about a character, Miranda Mary Piker edited from CharlieChoc… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- Eye-opening session by Dr Tim Jones on future cities at Cambridge school Dubai @futureagenda @EmiratesLitFest… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- Innovation and growth expert Dr Tim Jones talks to students at Cambridge school,Dubai on the future of cities… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- Jeffrey Archer on storytelling at the Emirates LitFest... The Charles Dickens of the 21st century is a brilliant... fb.me/436a0bE4b 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages