Yesterday, I posted a bit of a rant about getting to work. Yet despite my complaints – and even though the roadhogs who drive like they’re riding the dodgems are unlikely to change their ways – it’s not unheard of for me to actually enjoy my commute.
I get to sit quietly, after all – and I love listening to the radio, especially Catboy and Geordiebird in the mornings.
The other day, my favourite Dubai 92 DJs played a YouTube clip – about marriage – that had me chortling out loud in the car. My steely grip on the steering wheel relaxed and for a few minutes, the furrowed lines on my forehead – the result of rush-hour-induced driver’s grimace – disappeared.
I also realised that other commuters in the traffic jam into Media City were peering at me, but I didn’t care!
Since today is mine and DH’s wedding anniversary, what better day to post this video. Selma and Kenny are an elderly couple who couldn’t make it to their grandson’s wedding and so made a video instead, offering tips on how to have a long and happy marriage. They’re adorable.
And, on the occasion of our anniversary, here are a few things I didn’t know about marriage nine years ago:
– You should never go to bed on an argument…stay up and fight!
– If he lets me think I’m getting my way, I’m happy
– There’s a way of transferring earnings that’s even faster than electronic banking: Me not working
– That we’d end up in Dubai. Didn’t enter my wildest dreams
– That a successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person