If you’ve been following this blog, you’ll know that temperatures in the UAE spike in summer, and it gets seriously hot. So imagine my amusement when I saw this egg-shaped walk-in human drying machine on a visit to our neighbouring emirate of Sharjah. For children who get wet playing in the Al Qasba fountain, it lights up with eerie red lights and blasts hot air at you – like the climate doesn’t already do that!
Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please consider buying the book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- RT @kentcollegehm: Fantastic concert from joint choir of KC Canterbury and Dubai. Streamed live. https://t.co/rdK47ZteR5 1 week ago
- RT @AndyCarterKentC: pscp.tv/w/a-xPkDFvTlFs… 1 week ago
- dubaiunveiled.com/2017/05/03/the… fb.me/8JzS8FQN1 3 weeks ago
- I’m back! It’s been a while, mostly due to work taking over my life for a couple of months. Having just surfaced... fb.me/TywzbWOr 3 weeks ago
- The overseas school trip (aka: pricey package holiday) dubaiunveiled.com/2017/05/03/the… 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages