Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please consider buying the book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- RT @kentcollegehm: Fantastic concert from joint choir of KC Canterbury and Dubai. Streamed live. https://t.co/rdK47ZteR5 1 week ago
- RT @AndyCarterKentC: pscp.tv/w/a-xPkDFvTlFs… 1 week ago
- dubaiunveiled.com/2017/05/03/the… fb.me/8JzS8FQN1 3 weeks ago
- I’m back! It’s been a while, mostly due to work taking over my life for a couple of months. Having just surfaced... fb.me/TywzbWOr 3 weeks ago
- The overseas school trip (aka: pricey package holiday) dubaiunveiled.com/2017/05/03/the… 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Dubai
This morning’s activity was a trip to the vet with my beloved Bella for her annual vaccinations and check-up. Nothing unusual in that (bear with me!). For people in other parts of Dubai, the vet we use – Nad al-Shiba … Continue reading
INFO POST: Whether you’ve recently moved to the UAE, or simply grown tired of battling the housework on your own, finding the best cleaner in Dubai is easy once you determine what sort of home help fits in best with … Continue reading
Who knew before having kids that the month of December would leave you feeling like you’re crawling to Christmas? Even though I swore this year would be different, I found myself yet again facing 12 days of Christmasgeddon in the … Continue reading
It was an interesting day in the Middle East yesterday. The kids came home from school totally spooked. Son1 burst through the door, wailing “Nooooooooo! He won!” His face looked strained, worried. I wondered how much he knew about the … Continue reading
There is a time of the year (it used to be a night, now it’s nearly all month) when expat communities in Dubai become satellite suburbs of the good ole’ US of A. It starts with a few Halloween decorations … Continue reading
INFO POST: Despite the heat, guest blogger Kristin Lewis can truthfully say they are never bored in Dubai On offer in our glorious desert city is horseback riding, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) riding, trampoline parks, skate parks, skydiving lessons at FlyDubai, … Continue reading