Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- Don’t– – Bother straightening your hair. Within an hour you’ll look like a lion with a proudly fizzy mane (“That... fb.me/7kGdk0NVk 2 days ago
- The dos and don’ts of a Dubai summer dubaiunveiled.com/2017/06/26/the… https://t.co/RUpIvmYERo 2 days ago
- Best 2017 teachers' leaving gift I've seen! fb.me/2agD3lU7W 1 week ago
- RT @DubaiKent: A fabulous iftar: great food, super company and some fantastic awards for our lovely Year 6s. Well done Miss Rae and Mr Lave… 1 week ago
- Summer book deal! Circles in the Sand is just 99p for four days only! A collection of much-loved stories about... fb.me/xdYj7spc 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Parenting
Don’t– – Bother straightening your hair. Within an hour you’ll look like a lion with a proudly fizzy mane (“That scene from the Lion King, where Simba shakes his head as he gets out of the pool, singing hakuna matata,” … Continue reading
My friend A was recently worrying whether her children were becoming expat brats. On a trip back to the UK, her sons were horrified when she got out to fill the car with petrol and insisted they wait for ‘the … Continue reading
I treated myself to a foot massage while in Thailand over the past few days. I chose a foot massage as it didn’t involve a locked back room, stripping all my clothes off and lying face down with my eyes, … Continue reading
I’m back! It’s been a while, mostly due to work taking over my life for a couple of months. Having just surfaced from full-time officedom, I suddenly find we’re just a week away from Son1’s first overseas school trip. I … Continue reading
This morning’s activity was a trip to the vet with my beloved Bella for her annual vaccinations and check-up. Nothing unusual in that (bear with me!). For people in other parts of Dubai, the vet we use – Nad al-Shiba … Continue reading