Writer, journalist, blogger, mother of boys, A380 pilot's wife, sun-worshipper and distracted housewife surrounded by souks, skyscrapers, shopping, sea and sand.
If you like my blog, please click the cover to find out about my book!
Join me on Instagram: circlesinthesandblog (click a photo below)
- Best 2017 teachers' leaving gift I've seen! fb.me/2agD3lU7W 5 days ago
- RT @DubaiKent: A fabulous iftar: great food, super company and some fantastic awards for our lovely Year 6s. Well done Miss Rae and Mr Lave… 1 week ago
- Summer book deal! Circles in the Sand is just 99p for four days only! A collection of much-loved stories about... fb.me/xdYj7spc 1 week ago
- FREE! Cupcakes & Heels, the popular novella, is a free download for the next 5 days! Workaholic mum Julie... fb.me/6FbtMDnWv 1 week ago
- My friend A was recently worrying whether her children were becoming expat brats. On a trip back to the UK, her... fb.me/8wWPeO5co 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: raising children in Dubai
Worried about leaving your kids with the housemaid? An older nanny with wisdom and a sense of adventure could be just what you need Bobby’s dream was always – should she be alone after retirement – to spend time abroad … Continue reading
Catherine the Great presents me with a list on a square sheet of paper. She’s really good at writing out the shopping list and giving it to me with a hopeful look on her face. “We’re running out of everything,” … Continue reading
For a while now, I’ve been aware of some goings-on down the road: the construction of a massive building with mosaic walls; an escaped dinosaur on the loose; signs that the race to open a whole raft of theme parks in … Continue reading
So, we’re trekking round Dubai looking at homes – not because we want to (see previous post), but because we’re being evicted and thought we’d better check out all the options. Secretly, I absolutely love noseying around other people’s villas … Continue reading
After months of rumours that wouldn’t go away, my husband’s company hit several hundred staff members with an eviction notice on Thursday. It’s always a Thursday, the last day of the week here. And it’s always a shock when it … Continue reading
Son2’s school is turning 40, which in Dubai time is quite ancient! Anyone who lives here will know this age is impressive and deserves to be marked, especially as four decades ago the school was just a small huddle of … Continue reading